Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pics from my very short but fun Anniversary trip - Day 16

In my previous blog, I was in a hurry because I had missed a day. I have 15 minutes before the end of today and I want this to count because I'm tired of missing!! Argh!

Anyway, I may have mentioned that we went to Long Beach. Actually we were going to go to Salt Lake for a couple of days but those plans had to be canceled at the last minute due to scheduling difficulties. Sad but things go the way they go sometimes.

So we opted to go to Long Beach for a overnight stay. Thomas had to visit a sweet client in a nursing home and I went along for the ride.

I took pics of some of my favorite places in Long Beach. When we lived there, it became a favorite place for the kids and I. Many places hold special memories for me.

The Famous Long Beach Sign. It welcomes visitors at the Bolstad Beach Access. It was gunched a few years ago and thankfully, they decided it was worth replacing.


My favorite meal on the coast: Willipa Oysters from Oysterville, Washington. NOTHING like them at all. Mmmmmm!!


Thomas' favorite thing: the gumball machine outside the Kite Store in Long Beach. "Hope for red, hope for red" is repeated over and over again. He can't pass by a bubble gum machine without buying one.


Felix & Robee's favorite place: Jack's Country Store. The best little mercantile store since 1885.



Our favorite sandwich shop. A friend of Thomas' runs this store. He makes the BEST sandwiches around and great clam chowder.

"Ocian in view! O joy!" William Clark, November 7, 1805


Look! A rare striped grey whale!! Kidding. Me on my favorite beach.



I wish I could put smells on my blog. There is nothing so wonderful as the smell of this ocean.



My favorite thing: Thomas.
And thus ends the 16th day.

No comments: