Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 9 (November has HOW many bloody days?)

OMH. It's only day 9 and I'm going crazy trying to think of things to say. Hmmmm........

Well, it's been raining here today.

The river is finally dropping below flood stage.

I didn't get my entire stable mucked out (dang).

I need to feed the dogs.

I STILL haven't put my Halloween stuff away.

Both my babies stayed over at friends' houses, so my date and I went to a late late movie. We saw "The Changeling" and it was ........ good, but disturbing only due to the nature of the movie because it was true. I can't imagine having your child disappear and never finding her/him again. Never knowing what happened. Wondering if they're okay, if they're hurt, if they're in pain, if they're even alive. Horrible.

How about a list of my favorite movies? That sounds like ........ fun? Okay. In no particular order either. Just as they pop into my head.

*Sense and Sensibility (this because it's the first movie Thomas and I saw together)
*Jurassic Park (this because it used to be Robee's fav)
*Encino Man (this because my OTHER boyfriend is in it: Brenden Fraiser)
*Wayne's World (this because I ROTFL every time I see it)
*The Ten Commandments (this because it reminds me of when we would watch it together as a family)
*The Secret of Roan Inish (this because I used to tell Felix I was a sulkie)
*The Sting (this because ... why else? Redford and Newman)
*Last of the Mohicans (this because ........ I don't know; just a great movie)
*Blazing Saddles (this because I also ROTFL every time I see it)
*Young Frankenstein (this because it reminds me of my wonderful Uncle Darrel who took us)
*Monster's Inc (this because Robee dressed like Mike Wizowski when he was 4)
*Out of Africa (this because I've always wanted to go to Africa and will probably never make it)
*Airplane! (this because I ROTFL again!)
*Hot Shots! (ditto from above)
*A Charlie Brown Christmas (this because it brings back childhood Christmas magic to an adult)
*Gone with the Wind (this because it was the first huge book I ever read)
*Contact (this because it was the first movie I saw after I had Felix and I love Carl Sagan)

Well, I think I've taxed my brain enough and wrote enough for the day.

And thus ends the ninth day of writing.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Hooray for your 9th post! I love reading them and am glad that you are doing it with me. It is getting harder. I just think throughout the day - oh that would be good to blog about.. oh and that... and that.. then by the time I sit to blog... nothing comes. ha ha -- good luck with the next 21 days