Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!! - Day 27 of the Blog

I have more pictures of our day but they're on my camera and I'm too darn lazy to go up to my other computer to download them so you'll have to look at the one I took with my phone. :)
We had a good dinner. We had Bob and Kathi (Steve's parents) and the kids. Emilee didn't make it this year but we talked throughout the day.

Ben cooked the turkey in a new format (soaking in a brine all night then stuffing with oranges and spices) and it was terrific. We had our usual rolls, stuffing, veggies, gravy and thousands of desserts! Yikes.

It was a great, albeit long day.

My voice is still gone, but I'm on the mend.

Owen didn't have to spend the day in the hospital with croup like the doctors said he might.

I don't remember if I mentioned his having to go to the hospital at the wee hours of Wednesday morning. He was having difficulty breathing and nothing was helping. So they felt it was best to take him in to ER. Before they got on their way, O threw up all over himself and so they had to hurry and change him before going (she's pregnant and most smells make her gag right now). While they were gone, I hurried and washed his stuffed owl (comfort toy) and his pajamas so that it would be clean when they came home.

Jen's has had the humidifier running non-stop since Wednesday. It's feeling like a rain forest down there but it helps so much to have moisture in the air. The croup didn't come back and he's coughing good healthy coughs.

It's hard when so many people live in the same house and one gets a cold (me) and then passes it around like a hot potato. Especially when they're little.


The other picture from my camera won't send so I'll have to try later. I'm tired but I wanted to blog before the day ended. I only have three more days so I want to make everyday.

Tomorrow is Black Friday but I'm not up to going shopping at 4 friggin AM. Nothing is worth that to me. Nope. I'll still find good deals after tomorrow.


And thus ends the 27th day.

No comments: