Saturday, November 15, 2008

Anniversary/Business Trip - Day 14 (dang it to H***) and 15

Sigh. I suck at this.

But I have a good excuse. I was traveling to Long Beach for an overnight trip with my hubby.

He had to see a little old man with Alzheimer's at a nursing home in Long Beach and we hadn't had a chance to even go out to dinner for our 12th Anniversary (September 6th) so we decided to combine the two (thanks to Jen and Ang for watching the little kids as always) and enjoy a snippet of time together.

So I wasn't really near a computer where I could blog.

Day 14 - Drive to Long Beach

It takes about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to get to Long Beach, depending on the traffic. There was a lot of flooding along the way due to our heavy rains. We tried to leave around 10 but actually go out at 11 and raced all the way down there with me driving because I knew Thomas would need to talk on the phone most of the time. And when he talks and drives, look out. He drives like a goat pushing a wheelbarrow.


We got to Long Beach, stopped by the nursing home and while he met with his client, I went to our old familiar gas station by our former home to get oil for our car. It needs change way bad but I like to take it a Toyota place since it's a Prius and a delicate car.

Then we drove around to all our old haunts and saw the beach and saw our old house and saw tons of houses and properties for sale. This place is on the brink of closure. Very sad.

Then we drove over the Astoria-Megler bridge (the bridge which connects Washington & Oregon that crosses the mouth of the Mighty Columbia River) and had dinner in Astoria because, as much as I love Long Beach, they're short on good restaurants. We ate at a little bistro on Commercial Street.

Picture of our candle. Neat, huh?
Picture of my favorite dessert - devoured - Creme' Brulee'. Serious. My most fav dessert. Mmmm!

I have more pics but they're on my camera. This is my phone.

Day 15

Woke up. Watched "The Daily Show", went to breakfast at Debi's, drove to the beach again, visited Jack's Country Store (my other favorite place), then visited our sandwich friend, got some clam chowder to go (food Again!!) and headed home.

It was a very nice weekend with my hubby. 12 years has gone by in blink of time. And it's been a blast.

I'll do better this week.

And thus ends the 14th and 15th day.

No comments: