Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Neil!!

Yes, it's my annual tribute to Neil Diamond. His birthday is today and he is 70 years old!!! My hell. How time flies.



I remember the first time I heard his voice. My brother Jeff brought home an album called "Tap Root Manuscript" by this guy called Neil Diamond. My mom was always very hesitant about the "new" music that was coming out during the late 60's, early 70's. Made most parents very nervous.





But she heard his voice and she was hooked. We bought the 8-track of Tap Root Manuscript and listened to that thing in the yellow station wagon all the way from Virginia to Las Vegas when Daddy was stationed at Nellis AFB. Lisa and I knew every song by heart.





And though I know lots of people make fun of me when they see this post or hear that I love Neil Diamond or see that I have about 100 songs from Neil on my iPod, I don't care. Because hearing Neil's voice brings back such great memories and his songs are a part of my life.







He's a youngster here!!







Old but still great. 40+ years in the music business and sold out concerts. Can't touch that.

No comments: