Thursday, January 6, 2011

FOUND

This hat was given to me by Jen. Not as a gift for anything but it developed a hole in the top and she decided to get another one while I fixed this one and then she said "Why don't you just keep that one" and being the person who loves free hats, didn't say no.

Fixed the hole and this is the hat.

That was last winter.

Felix decided she wanted to wear it one day ...................... it JUST reappeared two days ago. She's had it stashed away (not maliciously but forgetfully - and since my memory is terrible, I'm not going to come down on her too much) and I kept asking her about it, where it might be, where was the last place she wore it, that sort of thing.

Nope. No recollection.

We were going to Leavenworth last weekend and the kids needed a bag to put their stuff in and I just happened to look in the tiny closet that tries to pass for a real hall closet and there is her old messenger bag and inside the bag ... my hat. Her thermal shirt. Her khaki pants. All which we've been looking for since last winter.

I don't EVER remember borrowing my mom's stuff. I wouldn't have wanted to (and there's no possible way she would have ever let me borrow her stuff) because her stuff was motherly. But for some reason, she takes my slippers to wear to school, my gloves, my hats, my shirts, my jackets. The only thing she doesn't borrow are my jeans because mine are gigantic and would drown her.

So maybe it's good I'm big so she'll leave my jeans alone.

Anyway, my hat is back. Nice to see you again.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's so Leah! If I can't find my sweatshirt or socks or shoes, I know she's borrowed them, and chances are they are on the floor of her bedroom. Maybe it's this generation....us Moms are just so cool, our kids can't resist our things!