Sunday, January 9, 2011

Felix and the salmon

This picture is important for many reasons.

First, the fact that my darling daughter loves salmon; most kids her age turn their noses up at this fish. Even the ones who live here where salmon is the KING! (pun intended)

I started feeding her fish when she was quite small and luckily she kept that taste bud for it even though she went through the normal ups and downs of picky food eating.

Second, the fact there is no possible way that Mom would have EVER ever EVER let me try and cook and clean up my own food creation. Ever.

Not because she was being mean ... but because ... well, to this day, I don't really know why. I hope that one day I'll understand Mom's erratic behavior. I may never actually.

Okay. I don't want to start a therapy session about my mom. THIS is about Felix.

Third, the fact that she is the most beautiful girl I have ever met, inside and out. Perhaps it's because she's my daughter that I feel this way. She's also one of the most together girls I've met and I have met lots of girls her age since she has friends and I teach 12-13 yr olds in church.

She seems to have no fear about anything; just goes in and tries whatever she needs to do. I want to take responsibility but I know I can't; she is her own person and whatever roads she takes, I know she is making thoughtful choices about where to go.

Love You Baby Cakes.

1 comment:

Kathi and Bob said...

Great blog and you are right, Felix is beautiful inside and out. Yeah for wonderful mother-daughter relationships. I'm so glad the two of you have one!