Friday, February 4, 2011

Random Thoughts

So February has begun. January went by like a flash as per usual. Nothing major occurred. No deaths. No crashes. No meltdowns. Fairly calm.

The chickens are laying again. Chickens have a down time for laying during the winter months. It has to do with daylight - or lack thereof. For great laying, they must have 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark. We have a timer for the lights but .... well .... there are at least 23 projects that are on the Neeleman/Barker Family To-Do-List and when we only have two days per week which, because of karate half a day Saturday and church half a day Sunday, only equals to one full day to work on stuff, it makes it hard to get everything done.

Back to the chickens. So now we're back up to 18 layers. I've added two Black Jersey Giants which only one is mine. The other is Caroline's, who is a friend of Felix's who is not allowed to have chickens at her house (unbelievable). So I'm boarding her chicken.

Thomas and I went to Leavenworth for our weekend last week. It was nice but not as much snow as I would have liked since I finally bought myself some cross country skies. A "Play It Again Sports" opened up by our favorite restaurant (Asian One: yummy crab fried rice and green curry chicken!) and I was able to, over a few weeks, grab skis, boots, poles. All I need is some gators and .............. well SNOW. I was hoping to use them there but it's been a sparse snow year.

I've had hacking cough for the past two weeks. We were driving home from a wedding reception in Granite Falls and something just took over my head. Pounding headache, cough and sinus pain like crazy. For no reason. I hear in passing however, everyone has had this and it lasts about four weeks.

So here are some random pics that I had and thought I'd throw up here. Jen is going to get me a better blog writer since I HATE this blog writer. It's so un-user friendly. Ugh.

Felix and Robee at her Honor Jazz Band Concert. She plays the Alto Clarinet and was asked to play! Very great. So proud of her.


My Robee with me at the concert. His hair is looking like a brown football helmet.

Felix before the concert. I LOVE her new hair cut and so does she. She can pull off short hair so great. Mom would love it too. She adored Felix as a baby (and older too!). She was able to spend more time with her than Robee when they were babies because I visited more.



Felix riding. She wanted horse riding lessons for Christmas. She has loved horses since the first time I put her on one when she was one year old at the fair.




Her and the butt of Tucker the horse. This horse is 27 years old. Crikey. She's disappointed because he doesn't really like to trot, lope, canter or run. HA! 27. That's like ... what ... 130 in human years? What is the horse to human age ratio? Hmmm.



The Terrible Trio. l to r - Clyde, Porter, Abbi. They are sitting so lovely because they think they're getting a treat.

And so February marches on to March.
And then to April.
Then to May.
Then to June and summer begins.
I can do this.