Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Technology .... I loathe thee.

Okay, maybe not LOATHE but I really hate when things like this happen.

Sigh.

So reading from past blogs, I can see my high tech camera that I got for last Christmas is now sitting on my desk, after being dampened by Puerto Rican rain and a loose water bottle cap still not fixed. I'm attempting to make my way to Seattle to a camera shop.

Until then, I turn to my trusty orange, WATER RESISTANT camera as a back up. Takes good pics and is water resistant so I'm sure NOT to ruin this one.

Oh, but .... what about the camera card, eh??? Is that water resistant too? Destruction proof?? Or more importantly, KRISTI PROOF??

Nope. It's not. I am making copies of some pics of the kids for my dad to send to him for Christmas (yeah yeah, I'm a little late - so sue me) and I LOSE the bloody card. Gone. All those pics. Gone. I'm searching through the recycle bin looking for it, the garbage bin looking for it. EVERYWHERE looking for it. Gone.

Then winking on the sidewalk, my darling spouse sees my precious card and returns it to me!! Oh thank the heavens! O Wondrous of all Wonders! My pics are back!

Crap. It was raining and it's NOT water resistant. I plunk it in the camera - no pics. Hoping against all hope, I put it in a bag of moisture absorber so that it will suck out all the rain and my pics will indeed, be restored.

No possible way this can work.

I'm back to using my phone camera with sucky pictures. Sigh. Sometimes I really miss 35mm film.

No comments: