Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'LL say when it's over ... THEN it's over.


Okay. It's over.


I've announced it: CHRISTMAS IS OFFICIALLY OVER.


As the pic above shows, I finally took down all my lights from the outside and the inside. There is a winter storm advisory for tonight (if I were in Utah, I might expect two or three feet of snow; here, it could be up to *gasp!* 2 INCHES of snow) so I thought I should finally take down the lights.


It takes about four or five hours to put up the lights outside and another two hours to decorate inside. To take down? Two hours tops. Linc the Tree is defrocked as well. I'll get out to plant him this week.


So NOW I can officially say Goodbye to Christmas 2010. We'll see you again in 11 months when I open the storage door, turn on the light and see the sparkle of Christmas yet to come for 2011.


Where will I be next year? No one knows save for a few special spirits. I may be here, I may not. Life is quick and fleeting. After the tragedies that have happened this past week in Arizona, we cannot predict what our future will be. We should strive to live each day by helping others to enjoy their own lives. It's really all we have.


Bring on 2011!!