Sunday, April 24, 2011

When are you too old?

This statement was considered in my head when a woman commented on my thought bubble that I had to find a night with the kids to dye Easter eggs. She mentioned she has kids around the same age (and some older) and said "Oh, my kids are way too old to do that now. That's one of those things that is nice to not have to worry about as the kids get older."







Hmmmm ............. when ARE you too old to dye Easter Eggs? How about dressing up and Trick-r-Treating? Watching fireworks? Riding scooters? Swinging on the swing set? Skipping?





Someone out there is trying to make our kids grow up way too fast.


As for me and my home, we STILL dye Easter Eggs. Yes, it may be at the daunting hour of 10:30 pm (as I mentioned, trying to find a night). It may be with store bought eggs (ugh! but they dye better than brown ones). But we are going to keep this up as long as possible.

2 comments:

Kathi and Bob said...

Good for you! And, yes, I think kids have too many pressures to "grow up fast"! Miss seeing you all, we'll have to get together soon. Have a great trip at Disney!

Leah said...

Of course Felix would be super meticulous about her eggs. ^^