Friday, April 1, 2011

Felix's skirt

Here is the pic of the finished skirt. It is now .... 11:35 PM ... I don't have to get up until 2:50 AM so I'm way ahead of where I thought I would be with this thing.It actually turned out rather cute. I'm very surprised. The first couple of sections were pretty easy. Then as I got down towards the bottom tiers, things got a little tricky. Matching up the sides and making sure that the panels were all gathered evenly -- I am NOT a perfectionist which is bad when creating something because one tends to slide on the details.

BUT I finished. And she can take it with her to her field trip to Washington DC. Just as I promised.

I think of Mom and know there is no possible way she would have let me go on something like this and I'm so proud that I'm able to think about her and how much she will love this trip.

Because I love her more than my life. Because when she steps on that plane, a part of my heart is going to go with her. Even if she is going to have one of the greatest adventures of her young life, I'm still going to hold my breath until I can hug her on Thursday night. Because that's what moms do.

And I will cry as I leave the airport, driving my car home when she can't see me because I will not spoil this wonderful moment for her.

2 comments:

Alysa said...

I want a skirt like that!! That is sooo cute. Alysa would love that too!!

Alysa said...

that other comment was from Emilee... Alysa must be signed in :)