Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

I try to remember what happened in the past year and … it never comes to me. My memory has to be jogged for anything to rise to the top. It’s nice to have written down some things – I’m not one who thinks I have to write down every little thing that happens, just the high points – and for that, I’m grateful for a little blog/diary/journal thing going.

Here we go into my grey matter and cobwebs:

January - The kids and I getting a weird flu/bronchitis/crap illness that put us out for about three days. Literally laying on the floor, not being able to do anything. And here are the meds we were taking, trying to feel better and get better.

March/April - I actually sewed Felix a huge skirt and finished it the night before she left for Washington DC. I had to get up at 4 am to get the kids to the airport by 5:30. So yeah, I was tired. But it was cute.

I took Robee to Utah for Spring Break while Felix was gone and got to visit my dad and tour the Air Museum. Have I mentioned lately I love my dad?

May – a VERY quick trip to Disneyland/Seaworld.

And a very spectacular firepit which Porter likes to climb into and drag burnt logs out of to chew on. Grrrr.

June – we began tearing apart our bathroom, closet, bedroom to renovate it and we figured it would be done by July. As it happens, we finally moved in JUST before Thanksgiving. And I started going bald.

P6160119

July – one of the worse summers since we’ve moved here. Weather was horrible, wet and cold, and my garden struggled to grow. We got to the river once and even then, it wasn’t great. Keeping my hopes up for the next year.

bluberries

August – my most favorite month … and still no sun. Sad sad sad for me. Also the fair, which Felix chose not to do this year. But her friend Caroline did with one of our chickens, Siobhan.

September – my LEAST favorite month because I hate Fall (I have to say ‘Fall’ now because if I say ‘I hate Autumn’ then I’m saying I hate little baby who was born at the end of this month) and I had no warm weather to recharge my panels for the winter. BUT we tested for our 2nd Degree Black Belt in Ocean Shores. After several months of waiting, we found out that Felix and I passed and the boys were a no-change! So they have to re-test. I guess we’ll wait for them. :)

thomas and kids

_MG_1223Baby Autumn born – Grandchild #8

October – Surgery and Halloween. Two major events within 30 days of each other. And both were successful.

November – Felix and Robee involved in their many many activities.  I spent most of the fall running the kids to their various happenings. Luckily, I don’t mind because it keeps them busy and it will give them some great memories. Also Thanksgiving added some stress into this month BUT  Daddy came to visit for the week. That was BEST time ever with him.Felix smoking

Felix getting ready for her show, PRETENDING to smoke and getting much glee from this.

PB220210

Robee, playing drums with the singing group, Keynotes.

December – Thomas plays Santa for our church party and the kids are elves. Seriously, the best group I’ve ever seen.

santa and the elves

v mask

Happy New Year! Next year in 2012, we shall be vigilant in our quest to keep the doh-headed Republicans out of office and keep Obama plowing forward to repair this country! Heh. I HAD to add a little political humor. But I’m not kidding however about keeping Republicons out of office.

No comments: