Saturday, December 3, 2011

Arlington Hometown Christmas 2011

It’s that time again, when Arlington holds it’s annual (but I’m not sure how long its been going on) Hometown Christmas Festival.

Walking on sidewalks, seeing all the lights, stopping and shopping, buying hot chocolate and taking pictures for my memory book in my head so that I can try to remember these days when my babies are all grown up --- I love this very much.

horse and wagonFree (FREE – how often does that happen?) wagon rides through the town.

getting hot chocolate  Hot Chocolate!! Mmmmmmm!! And it was chilly outside too!! (Thomas and Felix are paying)

walking tree and kidsThe Famous Walking Christmas Tree!

snowman and me  I love this wooden Snowman. Every year, Arlington puts out wooden snow people, depicting the different local shops and businesses. This one, however, is my favorite. I’m the one in the hat.

After the walk through downtown, things got really exciting. Ward Christmas Dinner! Yep. Time for that festive, all-you-can-eat funeral potatoes and jello dinner held at every Mormon church from here to the east coast. And guess who the special guest was THIS year??  

thomas or santa

Yep. They asked Thomas to be Santa. And of course, we just happen to have a Santa suit hanging around in our storage. Who doesn’t?

Don’t forget, Santa has to have his helpers.

santa and the elves santa getting ready

Throwing together anything they had that was green, red or white with bells, the kids transformed themselves into Santa’s Elves. It pays to have a mom who collects weird things once in awhile. I had on my trusty Green Grinch shirt that I bought because I loved Owen’s so much.

I bought a pair of elf-ish looking shoes way back in my years at Weber State and Robee claimed those quickly. Felix was sad. What’s a girl to do who likes to make a splash?

 homemade elf shoes elf shoes

Have her mom whip together a pair of elf shoes out of felt in 30 minutes. Thank goodness Angie had already planted that idea in my brain from Halloween. And again, why in the WORLD would I just happen to have red and green felt? The only thing I didn’t have was bells. :(   I’m going to get some so that I’m never without them again.

Our Santa show was such a hit that I think we’re going to have to make this an annual thing and start hitting parties during Christmas – getting paid! Time for me to buy the Mrs. Claus suit!!

me and santa

Me and my Santa.