Monday, May 9, 2011

Quickest Trip ever

We just (and I do mean just) got back from a whirlwind trip to Disneyland & SeaWorld.
The kids had testing (Mom's Against MSP's - I'm a member) and according to their schedule, couldn't go the six days that the other family could. I find out after we book air that Fridays and Mondays are free days, which is irritating, but what to do.






































And then Felix had a tournament for her Robotics Team that same weekend and she didn't want to let her team down so opted to stay for Saturday then fly out that night and join us for SeaWorld on Sunday (we hit Disneyland on Saturday).





After much discussion, we decided to get her a ticket, make a quick early morning trip to Disneyland again so she could ride some rides with Robee and not miss the day too much. Then we high tailed it out to SeaWorld to meet up with the rest of the family.




It was a great time, albeit quick.






It looks like we brought our rain with us, although we were hoping for a little sun, since we haven't seen it for quite some time. There were some nice breaks in the clouds and sure enough, we got a little burned. Didn't see that one coming! That's not why Thomas has that poncho on; he's getting prepared to ride the Shipwreck Falls, a ride at SeaWorld and one can find themselves a little wet afterwards!





I live by them and I still love them. Orcas.











































The Big O and I. We sat together during the Orca show. He shared his chillo (churro) with me.


Waiting for the Jungle Cruise to begin.








So here's the strangest part of this story (actually, there are SO many stories to tell about this trip): Disneyland closed early on Saturday because of the premiere of "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" (which better be better than the third one; I tried to poke out my eyes during the movie just to save myself the torture of having to watch it) and they were having a big party and celebration there at 5 o'clock.




We kind of hung around there, waiting to see what was going to happen (I was actually filling out a lost and found report since my earring decided to fall out of my ear on Indiana Jones - ugh) and then people started arriving for this premiere. We were walking back from the office and then stopped to watch. I saw some famous kids from Disney and Martin Short walked by. I couldn't get my camera out fast enough for him.




Harry Hamblin and his wife Lisa Rinna (lips seem to be downsized) walked by.






















Then the monkey from POC came with his/her handler. Pretty cute little animal.
































And then finally the screaming crowds were graced with none other than Capt. Sparrow himself, Johnny Depp.























He's in the grey fedora. He looked totally sheepish and almost embarrassed by the crowd's reaction to him. Take a look at the twitterpatted chick next to him. She's near fainting. And that was as good a pic as I could get. People were crowding and pushing and jumping up and down. Madhouse. I never got to see Penelope Cruz or Geofforey Rush (who I was really wanting to see) because we decided to get out of the crush and get an ice cream since no one was in any stores.


So, not a bad trip all in all. Next blog will be the stories. I can't write anymore. Too pooped.

1 comment:

Kathi and Bob said...

What fun, celebrities, too! Glad you had good time!