Tuesday, May 31, 2011

All is not lost

So right now, our bedroom, bathroom and closet as well as the hallway are pretty much .... disheveled and torn apart. The hallway had the popcorn ceiling scraped off and is waiting for me to paint it. The bathroom is getting a new look with tile and is .... well .... waiting to be finished (don't get me started on that). The bedroom is going to be getting a new cork floor as soon as the person finishes the bathroom (again, sigh). The closet is being redone as well with a new storage by another person (who is not as bad as the bathroom/bedroom person). All the coats and shoes from the hallway are either laying on the table or sitting the foyer. Our clothes are half in the basement closet and half in the red room. We're camping out in the spare room until things are done. There is a fine layer of dust on most of the furniture, picture frames and anything else that is in the area. And I believe Thomas and I soon will be having separate nervous breakdowns for various reasons.

But ... one of our projects actually got finished ON TIME and looks great; the fire pit.

Two years (?) ago or maybe only one year - have NO idea since my short-term memory is completely shot - the big kids gave me for my birthday or Mother's Day (again, have no clue) a wonderful metal fire pit. I LOVE burning stuff and having bonfires. It can be so peaceful. Honestly, one of the best presents I've ever received.



However, the Northwest rain and hot hot fires can play havoc with a metal fire pit. This one has seen it's last days, I'm afraid.


Javier to the rescue! Thomas found this wonderful guy on craigslist who came out and created a lovely place for us to sit and have a fire. AND it was finished on time, with no excuses.


S'mores are calling to me!

No comments: