Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things that make me happy

There are some things that make me happy. Not over-joyous, just kind of happy. I was thinking of a couple of these and thought I'd share.


My shirts color-coordinated. Before this, I had them in order of sleeve length (spaghetti, tanks, short, 3/4 elbow, long). When I was teaching at MMSC, I would need to make sure that I wore either long or 3/4 long sleeves, so it was easier to have them in sleeve order. That way, I knew exactly where to look.
Now that I'm not teaching anymore, it seemed a lot easier to have them in color order. This looks very orderly to me and makes me happy that I know exactly where the pink shirts are located or the brown shirts.

Many of you who may know Lucy (my mum) might think that I'm channelling her; you could be right. But EVERYONE has a little bit of OC in them and those who are without that, may cast the first stone.



Robee's annual haircut. I say "annual" because that's about how often he gets it cut. Once a year.

This is before. I don't know WHEN those damn incisors are going to come in but it's been almost eight months.

This is after. To the buzz-cut aficionado, you may not see a difference. But the "mullet" is gone as are the sticking out curls in the back AND I can see his eyes again.

That makes me happy. I love to see his eyes.


Ditching the reading glasses.

Awhile back, I posted a blog talking about my having to wear reading glasses to see up close and I was wailing and gnashing my teeth about it. Yes, I know it's vain, but I've been wearing the freeking things since 2nd grade and I would like to not have to go back to them so quickly in my life.

I spoke to an optometrist about it (I finally broke down and went to a real doc - not located at Walmart) and asked him about CRT (which is NOT CHOOSE RIGHT THE) but a lens that you wear at night which reshapes the eye so the nearsighted wearer can see in the daytime -- without lenses! Isn't that great?

Great for those who qualify that is. I'm so blind (20/horrible or 20/800 if you need a number) that I don't qualify.

However, there is something called mono-vision where they correct one eye - usually your dominate one - for distance and then under correct the other for close up. So one eye sees distance and the other close up. I know it sounds dizzying but your brain actually figures out which eye to use to see what it needs. I didn't believe it either until that day when I started reading again (after the dilation wore off, that is) without having to move my contact and close one eye.

It's a miracle! I believe!

So, there. I'm happy. For the moment.

No comments: