Friday, November 12, 2010

Only in Puerto Rico ...........

............ and probably anywhere else that doesn't care how you drive (sometimes includes crazy Utah drivers).

During our stay, we traveled in a 500 person van when we wanted to go exploring. Please remember that we now have 19 people in our immediate family (10 adults, 6 kids, 3 babies). If we all travel together, we need MAJOR transportation.

Okay, maybe it was only 15 person van but it seemed HUGE. Luckily we had a great local-type driver that got us wherever in one piece. Jeffe (aka: Greg) was amazing in the craziest traffic I've seen since Thailand. He even learned how to honk at his displeasure of other drivers (it's a courtesy thing; they all do it).

However, this is how ALL the babies traveled whilst screaming thru said traffic:

This is Evan being held by his dad, Steve. Please note the look of complete and utter satisfaction on Evan's face. He knows that this position is completely wrong and is enjoying his moment in the sun with absolute bliss.

I didn't get pics of Lyla or Ivy in the same position but trust me, they enjoyed it too. So much in fact, that the mothers (as well as myself) wondered how much pain they would be in when real life slapped them upside the head (figuratively of course) once they returned home to binding, uncomfortable, backwards-facing (really??) car seats.

I, of course, wouldn't be able to experience their final discomfort on arrival because I'm an old woman with baby-making way behind me. All I can do is cluck my tongue, offer a few words of sympathy and then waddle (yeah, waddle: did you see me on the beach?) off to my car that had two giant children in regular seat belts and go to sleep even before the car left the airport.

No comments: