Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New computer - I can post again!

Man. I've been trying for the past month to post but I've had a psycho computer that would not let me on my blog.

Grrrrr.


So I'm WAY behind and I wanted so much to post while I was in Puerto Rico but was on another foreign laptop (not to mention it was being monopolized by my spouse) and finally gave up.


And THEN my beautiful camera found some water in my backpack (surprise surprise since it was pouring rain in Old San Juan AND my water bottle sprung a leak - lovely) and my picture taking came to a screeching halt. So I had to depend on my phone camera. Ugh.


I also have Halloween pics (as per usual, we had the best costumes EV-AH) that I wanted to post but alas, the stubborn computer who wouldn't let me post won again.


That computer has been hacked and tossed and now I'm on another one. My biggest concern was all the THOUSANDS of pics I had on the hard drive. A long time ago, I lost all my pics and I didn't want it to happen again.


SO .... I have to sit and compose again ... which I will ... but I'm *yawn* still on Puerto Rican time and it's 1 am there so I'm going to hit the sack and try again later.


Suffice to say, we all had a great time. The plane ride back was hell, absolute hell. 10 hours in the same bloody position makes for blood clots. Gads. And the poor babies and their moms; I felt worse for them. Those babies were done the last three hours of the trip home.


Sadly, two of us had bad news during the trip.


Jen found out when she arrived home that her kitty, Elliott, died the day after she left. So I'm going to find a spot in my Pet Cemetery for her in the next couple of days (yes, I have yet another cat on ice - hey, what other choice is there?) and lay her to rest. Poor thing. I seriously believe she was poisoned; there is no reason a 10 yr old cat drops dead after being perfectly healthy the day before.


And I have the other sad news: I found out last Friday that my wonderful teddy bear Uncle Paul Van Alfen died in a horrible car crash outside of Wendover. Absolutely devastating. My Aunt Shirlene (who was with him) suffered multiple injuries including a broken leg and several ribs. Their son, Cam, broke his ankle. Cam's fiance', Char, flew into Uncle Paul's seat, and died from severe head injuries. They were to marry in May. Uncle Paul is my mom's youngest brother and is the youngest child of the Van Alfen Clan. So now I all I have left is Aunt Virginia and Uncle John (and their spouses, Ray and Joyce). My mom's family is disappearing.


The funeral is Tuesday.


Sigh. So sad. Such a funny nice guy. That's him in the grey shirt and and beard.


On that note, I'm off.


Goodbye Uncle Paul. See you in the next life.

No comments: