Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A small comment .... to those random readers of my blog

This is my blog. I choose to write what I want to write. If I choose to write about my family, it's for me to decide; it is not based on what you do or don't like.

If you don't like what I'm writing about my mother, so be it. She was a tough woman and had many demons. I also realize that most of the time, she did the best she could with what she knew. However, she could be very selfish and non-moving in her opinions and made sure that if you didn't follow in lock-step, she would make your life hell. I mean no disrespect to her but I do have to be honest.

A blog - for the most part - is meant to be a place to share your thoughts and feelings. I can share most of them and since my mom has died, I know that she will not be hurt by my words. I won't say things of people who are still around because that would be wrong.

I will not go private because that sort of defeats the purpose of a blog.

Please keep your opinions to yourself.

1 comment:

Kathi and Bob said...

Kristi- There are many of us out here that have had difficult relationships with our Moms. I really identified with your blog entry and often tell others that I learned how "not" be from my Mom. I applaud your courage to tell the truth in your heart.