Monday, September 15, 2008

The Family that Kicks together, Sticks Together!

We did it. We actually did it. We passed our extremely nerve-wracking, nail-biting, stroke-inducing Black Belt Test in TaeKwonDo. Seriously, we were stressed about this one.

We went every night for two weeks and practiced everyday in the barn and in the house and in our room and outside -- wherever. I even practiced at the bus stop with Robee; which totally embarrassed him of course. But the beauty of being a Mom and almost *cough* 40-something is that I can embarrass him and not care a whit. Heh Heh.

The day of the test we were all doing the forms at the house first before we left. Then we did the forms again while we were waiting for the test to begin. I was beginning to calm a bit until we were sitting on the sideline, getting ready and I looked over at Thomas and he was ghostly white and POURING sweat on his face. I said "Uh ... why are you sweating? We haven't even started yet." He said, "I think I'm going to have a stroke before this over. If I die during my form, prop me up in the corner and put the Black Belt around my dead body." He's so funny. Like I could even lift him to put him in the corner.

However, as you can see from the photos, he did not stroke and I didn't have to prop his dead body in the corner. Whew.

The happy "Black Belts" now that it's over.

Dad and his little kids.

Mom and Robee and Felix.

Mom, being loved WAY too much by the kids. Seriously, they are the epitome of "Killing with Kindness." This is taken in mid-fall. You can't see the broken ribs poking through my uniform that came with this love hug.

This is a group shot of everyone that tested that day. There were two schools combined. I'm the large marshmallow on the right. Seriously, those uniforms make me look like the "Michelin Man." As if I needed any help. But at least they could use a lovely, slimming black uniform instead of blaring white. Yikes.

Yeah. I totally see the resemblance.

Anyway, thanks to all who have supported us during these past two years. It was a great adventure.

And now on to the next adventure: 2nd Degree Black Belt!

No comments: