Saturday, August 16, 2008

What's a Tree Hugger to do?

When it comes to helping our environment, I'm trying to be a good participant. I really am.

I drive a Prius most of the time; when I'm not, I drive 55 miles an hour to save on gas.

I recycle everything I possibly can; glass, plastic, paper, cardboard.

I yell at Ben and Thomas when I find recyclable items in the garbage.

I even switched from my wonderful, yet polluting laundry detergent to a more environmentally friendly one.

However .................... I really miss my TIDE. I've noticed my clothes aren't as clean as they used to be. I miss the wonderful smell they used to have. I know this sounds silly but I really do miss it.

I didn't realize HOW much I missed it until we took our trip to Utah.

I'm a fanatic when it comes to dirty laundry when I'm traveling. I always find a washing machine at the hotel. It helps two ways; I don't pack as much and I don't have gross laundry to do when I come home.

I decided it would be cheaper for me to buy a little detergent than to pay the hotel laundromat for their soap. I could not find (of course - I'm in Utah) an environmentally friendly detergent, so I went back to my old friend, TIDE.

Oh! TIDE!! You are so wonderful! I forgot how clean you make my clothes! How sweet you make them smell!

And so with a heavy heart, I bid farewell to ECOS, albeit friendly to the water and earth, you suck big time taking care of my textiles.

I'll change shampoo and conditioner. That should make up for it.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

HA HA !! Tide IS very wonderful. I am glad that Utah could show you the wonder again. :)