Saturday, August 9, 2008

In Utah Again!!

Hey! We're in Utah! My niece Heidi married on Friday and Thomas is also opening another office in St. George with his friend and it was the perfect opportunity to drive to Utah to do both.

The wedding was wonderful and we weren't late! I was able to see aunts and uncles that I haven't seen in years. My aunts Pauline and Joan and Trudy have died and my uncles Earl and Darrel and Pat have also died (spouses in order with each other) and since we moved, I don't ever have a chance to see my other relatives. My father was dressed to kill in a tux but my mom, due to her ever failing health, didn't make it.

Heidi looked so happy and I'm so happy for her. She deserves this. Josh is a wonderful guy and they will have a great future.

We have eaten enough to feed a small country. I don't know if our clothes will fit us tomorrow. We've been invited by my brother (also a family member I never see) to an authentic Tongan luau. My niece Brooke is married to Vaka, who is full Tongan. He has promised much good food tonight. We'll roll into Washington on Wednesday.

We're bringing our granddaughter Alsya with us to stay for a couple of weeks before the wedding. She's excited to help with the goats and dogs and cats and pigeons (have I forgotten anything?) and then she's going to stay one night at the Evergreen Fair. She's gotten so old. I forget she's not a baby anymore.

Here is a great pic of my dad. I love my daddy. He looks great in his tux!






1 comment:

Josh and Heidi said...

kiki!! i was so happy you guys could make it to the wedding! that was very sweet of you! the kids are so big, I can't believe how fast they have grown up. I hope angies wedding went alright. Tell her congratulations!! I miss you! we will have to come up sometime sooN!!We love ya!