Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And the children said, “Let there be Snow …”

And did it EVER snow. Crikey.Snow inchesMeasured at 10 am on Tuesday. About 8.5 inches

snow on railThen, not more than 2 hours after that:snow at 11 inches 11.5 inches. Gah.

Oh yes. Of COURSE there was no school. I USED to be poopy about that whole thing (I can tell I haven’t changed much however) and why in the world do they close school for snow? BUT this snow … well it’s a weird snow. It’s more like oatmeal than frozen water. It sticks to literally everything and won’t let tires move on the road. I actually got stuck in my own driveway THEN started sliding into my neighbor’s ditch when I was dropping off Robee to play with his friend. Crap.

But then there’s this:

snow breakand I look out over the snow and see the blue peeking out during a break in the storm and think, “Yeah, it’s kind of pretty.”

Then I realize I have to go pick up the kids and find myself, after driving through the snow (with others who have NO idea how to drive in ANY weather, let alone sticky snow) looking like THIS when I get back to the house:

me old

Welcome to snow days honey!

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Robee’s phone is connected to mine and he’s now found an app called “OLD BOOTH” and yeah, I tried it.

Actually, I don’t think I look too damn bad (and I say that NOW, almost 50). I’m keeping this pic and will compare it to the actual woman when she turns 70 … if I make it that long. And if my neck really looks that good, I’ll be happy.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

ha ha - old booth! I will have to tell Alysa about that one. I can't believe your snow. Stay home and don't go anywhere!!