Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Try to remember, the parties of September

Yikes. I am SOOOO behind. Whatever.

So in our family, we have several birthdays plus other fun things in the month of September. We’ll start at the beginning and work through to the end; it’s easier that way.

Right smack dab at the start of the month, is Robee’s birthday. Had the doc had her way, he would have been born later or born dead – or both. I forced the issue to start me as soon as she got back from vacation. I really wanted to have him in August but … well this is what we got. He was two weeks early, 10 lbs, 9 oz and grey as paint. I truly believe that had I not threatened the doc, he would not be alive today.

Happy 12th Birthday!

IMG01361-20110902-2013

Two days after that, Jen has a birthday. Sometimes we combine celebrations, sometimes we don’t. It depends on time and days and what’s going on.

IMG01383-20110904-1935 (32)

Two days after THAT, Thomas and I have our anniversary. This year, we celebrated 15 years. I don’t know that we actually DID anything special. School started the next day, work also was the next day, it was on a Tuesday which is right in the middle of the week. So many things, so little time. I think we sort of celebrated by going to Cle Elum at the end of September for a judges conference – which when you think about it, isn’t really very romantical – but that’s about it. However, I still think that celebrating during the year as a surprise is more important than trying to fit it into one day.

Scoot ahead to almost the first day of Autumn and we have Greg’s birthday. Greg got a great present (actually on Jen’s birthday) from Jen which gave him the opportunity to play baseball in Qwest Field in Seattle. Apparently, for a person who really loves (REALLY really loves) baseball, this is a big deal. He was quite thrilled.

IMG01378-20110904-1314 He’s down there on the field  ---  somewhere.

Then four days after his birthday, mine comes winding around. During that time, we had the conference, Greg got pneumonia, Jen was due at any minute, Owen got strep throat and I was preparing for my surgery. Getting together for dinner was not working out. Then I found out that Emilee and Lori were coming in to see Jen’s baby, so we decided to put off our celebration dinner until the first week of October.

Three days later, while we were in Cle Elum at the conference, Jen’s baby FINALLY decided to join us. Autumn Emilee Leigh. _MG_1223

September is a bissy, bissy month.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful baby!

Kristi Neeleman said...

I can't wait to see her!