Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October …. rhymes with nothing.

As was stated in several posts, my lovely surgery was the 4th of October. I’m now in the beginning of my third week of recuperation. Saw the doc on Monday and she said every thing looks great. She did warn me however (again) that just because I feel great doesn’t mean I can go run a marathon; I still have four weeks of easy-does-it-without-being-a-slug recuperation.

AND I found out that I’m not going to be able to lift anything heavy for another three to six months. WTH??? Are you kidding? That’s what I do BEST. I’m freakishly strong. Poo.

However, she did give me the okay to attend yoga and walk --- which is great. I can’t go back to Taekwondo quite yet so SOME sort of exercise is wonderful. And Thomas really needs to get back for his stress level rises each time he doesn’t go.

Felix finally got her glasses. Luckily she’s not as blind as me (20/800 vision, clinically blind – lovely) but does need them to see the board in class. felix glassesShe has a much wider choice of frames than I did and her lenses aren’t two inches thick. Lucky girl. Try being eight, with two-inch lenses and cat-eye shaped frames. Not cool. And the yarn bow didn’t help at all. Really Mom? You thought this looked good??

She also attended her first Homecoming Dance with her friends. No, she wasn’t asked and even if she was, she knows that’s not going to happen while she’s 14. There are some things that make sense and that’s one of them (besides no nose or eyebrow piercings). She and Leah had a great time and she had  on a terrific dress she found at a consignment store. That’s my girl!

Yeah, she’s gorgeous. And I will say it all day long.

 

October …. and Halloween is coming up soon. The big dilemma ---- WHAT to be??

1 comment:

Kathi and Bob said...

Glad to hear your updates and that you are doing well. Keep listening to the doc!