Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thank you Sunny Days

I never thought I would be so grateful for sunny days. After living in St. Geo and always, always having sun, one would think I would be used to it.

We've been here in Arlington for five years this past February (six on the 4th of July in Washington) and I now totally appreciate and USE sunny days. Some many things to do; biking or hiking with the kids, walking the dogs, swimming the river or THIS:

Spending time in the garden. Extremely therapeutic. Wonderfully enjoyable. AND I'm in the sun.


I love seeing my Owl, watching over my veggies and keeping bunnies at bay.




Or pulling all the weeds from around the raspberries, cleaning them out so I can enjoy their berries.




How about putting out the new blueberries, ready for planting.I don't even know how to pick one so I'll do all three!


Felix left to spend time with her friends, Robee was hanging out with his friend and I had the whole afternoon/evening to myself.


Heaven.


Still dealing with bedroom/bathroom/closet/hallway remodeling, is making me crazy. Having crap laying all over the house in total chaos is making all of us into zombies since we're not sleeping well.


But working with dirt, weeds and green, growing things puts life back into perspective and I know that the house won't be in chaos forever and that at some point in time, items will be back where they belong. As Mom would say "A place for everything and everything in it's place." She was definitely Queen of that statement.


Breathing again.

1 comment:

Kathi and Bob said...

Have to agree, living in the Northwest makes one truly appreciative of the glorious SUN!