Saturday, February 19, 2011

Being sick is NO fun

My past post mentioned that I had been coughing for weeks. It's true but actually, I've had this cough since the end of December. It would come and go. And then I got some sort of sinus thing after that which put me down again. Then Robee and Felix got some flu bug last week (thank goodness it was at the same time on the same day) and the day before that, Owen was sick, barfing every 10 minutes. Evan had been sick two days before that, with Angie following the next day. Owen was running a fever again today but wanted to play his last game of basketball. I know that if he felt better, he would look a little more excited about his trophy.




So you could say we've had an overload illnesses.

So the cough was getting worse each day. On Monday, Owen was sick AGAIN with a fever and then on Wednesday, Felix was feeling a little under the weather. I sent her to school but then as the day progressed, I started feeling the same as her. Felix and Robee both were sick and running fevers after school. So I went on to TKD, feeling like I was going to be leaving early. And I did. By the evening, all three of us had fevers, chills, and were whiny (they get that from me).

I didn't sleep much that night and woke again at 3 coughing my lungs out. I coughed so hard, I was gagging (and I NEVER throw up) and I think I even pulled a rib. I took my temp and it read 105. Yikes. I said, "Okay, you win. I'll go to the clinic first thing in the morning." Tabs of Motrin and a cool compress later, I was back to a more normal temperature.

As soon as the clinic opened, all three of us staggered in -- and I do mean staggered. After coughing, sneezing, fevering all night we were a mess. The kids had basic colds that were to be watched if the fever continued for more than three days. I got lucky (ha) and had bronchitis and a sinus infection, so I'm on antibiotics (with lots of yogurt). I am now the LEAST infectious of everyone which is great!

The three of us then spent all day on the floor or couches sleeping and watching TV, with a repeat on Friday. I actually think the kids are finally tired of TV. I know that I'm feeling a little cramped, people-wise. After being cooped up with the kids for the past three days, I'm ready for some major alone time.



So this is our table. Ready for any illness. Pain/fever meds, vapo rub, nasal spray, Halls, thermometers, and Nyquil for sleeping. We've already gone through two boxes of tissues. Thomas is the last to have this and then we should be all done ..... we hope. I am going to open all the windows and spray the house with Lysol and wait for Spring to heal us.

No comments: