Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Heath and other things (cont. from previous)

Here I am, nine days aspartame free.


I read that it takes 60 days to de-tox and get the aspartame completely out of the body. There is even a test using one's hair to tell if it's gone. I'm not that Nazi about it; I'm just going to assume that I'm clean. I'll really be able to tell when my memory finally comes back. I truly believe that my unusual memory loss has something to do with my constant surplus of aspartame in my body.



This is used to be one of my most favoriate drinks. *sigh*



Gum, drinks, candy, and other "diet" foods that I have been consuming since about 1989 no doubt have something to do with the fact that I can't remember how to say certain words. Or that I can't remember which husband went with me to a favorite movie of mine. Chemicals played horrible tricks on my mom; I refuse to become like her.

Speaking of becoming like my mom, I have had someone look at my back problem (see previous rant about my back).

I went to a massage therapist (which is different than an actual massage which I can't STAND because to have some body rub my back or shoulders - it creeps me out) on Monday and he bent me like a freaking pretzel (said the girl to the boy at the picnic). It was FANTASTIC!!! I was finally able to stand up without pain and without hunching over while allowing my back to straighten itself. I'm going back next Monday and will continue until he's unbent, straightened, twisted, loosened, and otherwise fixed my back. No more Excedrin for me.



So in the same vein, I thought I would try to eat some healthy food too (since I consumed crappy Taco Bell last night followed by a bag of Nibs) and found a really interesting recipe using ............... wait for it .............. Dandelion Leaves!! Doesn't that sound like fun?? And with some other things from my starting-to-produce-finally-garden, I thought I had a total winner for dinner. Salmon from our fishing trip (puking trip) in Ilwaco, dandelions and spinach and onions and beets from my garden and mushrooms from .... well, Safeway actually. But everything else was from me. Kinda cool.






Yeah. Right.




You know how you read something and it sounds great



and then you try it



and it turns out ........................



not so great?



Okay. So the dandelions were a TAD bitter. Actually, they were more than a tad bitter. Really bitter. Those are now in the yard waste bin. I did convince the kids to try them JUST so they could say "Yeah, I've tried dandelions before" and sound cool.


The roasted beets were yummy as well as the poached salmon. So two out of three ain't bad (a nod to Meatloaf).

This, tho difficult to see, is half of a roasted beet. It's on the left hand side.



Then I washed the whole thing down with half a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mmmmm!! I'm feeling better already.



Physician, heal thyself!!!

No comments: