Friday, August 13, 2010

The health issue rant

Ok. So this post has absolutely nothing to do with anything except my health.

Which has been shit as of late.

All these years, I've sworn NOT to become my mom (those of you who don't know my mom, won't understand; those of you who do, will TOTALLY appreciate what I'm saying) and become a victim of illness.

I'm not talking about colds or flu or the minor things. Mom never had those. She was a walking textbook of medical ills, having something new at least once a year.

So .... about two years ago, my back began hurting. I wasn't sure what the deal was so I went to an acupuncturist in Seattle who helped a ton.

By the way, I have a complete distrust of the medical field (doctors mostly; nurses no) in general. I feel that they work like car repair people; the sicker you are, the happier they are. This distrust comes from my mom's illnesses again. The docs put her on so much medication that I think it was impossible to tell what was helping and what was not.

Anyway, the back pain went away ... for awhile. Then about a year ago, it started to come back but it was different. I could never find a time to get to the acupuncturist (it's in Seattle guys; the drive SUCKS bad) so just kept up with exercising and sometimes taking meds to combat the pain.

NOW, it's moved up into my scapula. Actually under it. When I put my head down, I can feel it pull.

So I've been trying to get a number from my spouse who has two clients who do massage. I don't like massages. I don't like people touching my shoulders or rubbing my neck. I can barely make it through a pedicure when they rub my legs. Ugh. But I am willing to suck it up to feel better.

See? Here I've become like my mother. Explaining her health problems. I've done it anyway.

No comments: