Monday, December 21, 2009

Goodbye Sam the Cat

Samson came to us the summer of 2005 right after we moved to Arlington. He was at the local feed store, stuck in a tiny little cage and he was huge. There was little information on his past; the family was moving and couldn't keep him.


I had lost Houdini during the move in February and wasn't quite sure if I wanted to take on another cat. But the kids were begging me and he did look so forlorn in his tiny cage.

The previous owner thought that he was about four years old but wasn't sure because she got him from a shelter and they weren't sure.

He lived with us since that time. He was a good cat and sometimes very weird.

Unfortunately, he was one of the collaborators who were peeing in my house during the Great Cat Crazy period and to be put in the garage. He lived here with Zeke and Cynammon until their deaths in the summer of 2008. He then moved to the barn because he was tired of raccoons coming in the cat door of the garage.

Grace, our official barn kitty, didn't take to this but he lived with her in peace.

He came up missing last Saturday during the freeze and I had been looking for him and calling trying to find both he and Grace. Grace finally showed up but no sign of Sam.

Then on Saturday, Felix was feeding the animals and found him in the barn, behind the bathroom door. He died sometime last week.

So we're down to one cat, Grace - and honestly, I think she prefers it this way.

Goodbye Samson, 2001? - 2009. I am so sorry I didn't know you were that sick.

No comments: