Thursday, December 10, 2009

Freezing Cold Weather

Okay. So last year, I was complaining about the snow (see last year's post around this same time for verification).

This year: it's the cold. It has been so cold (HOW COLD WAS IT?) that we didn't need tinsel on the tree; icicles formed completely on their own --- inside!!! My weather phone says it's 18 degrees --- and the sun is up and shining.

Every water trough for my animals as 3 inches of ice. I have to break it and refill with warm water from the barn so it doesn't freeze again. Unbelievable weather.

I thought that I moved to a temperate climate, one that rained throughout the winter - which logically means that the air has to be warm for rain to fall. The kids want snow (surprise surprise) but I keep telling them that it has to be warmer than this to snow.

I feel bad since I haven't posted for weeks but, man; once Thanksgiving passes, time kicks it up about 15 notches. There hasn't been a day for the past two weeks that I haven't been running like a crazy person trying to get stuff done.

Band concerts, parties, school functions - you name it. AND don't forget the lights on the house. I've been trying to do that too but in this weather, yikes.

I told the kids "If you find my cold dead body frozen to the fence when you get home, just remember that I did this ALL for you. No guilt. I'm just your mom, doing mom things, for you. Whilst freezing my keister, for you." They said "Okay Mom. Make sure you put up lots of lights." See? Parasite sweeties.

Actually, it looks as though I have no recent photos to post. Dang. Something else I need to do. Well Angie's baby shower is Saturday so I'll get some of those posted. We had a birthday dinner for Ben but didn't take any pics of him. The only one I got was of the kids in front of the gigantic horse. =[ Sad day when I haven't taken any pictures to document my life and what's going on. Felix had a band concert but my phone camera has stopped working so I need to get that fixed too. *sigh*

Time to get moving. This is the first day I've actually been able to sit for longer than 10 minutes and I believe my time is up.

No comments: