Monday, December 1, 2008

Peaceful Life of a Spider

I was moving pictures around late last night and found this video I took with my phone one day. It is of a spider, spinning it's web.

I came across it when I was walking into the office one day. I was late but I saw it spinning around and around and I had to stop and watch.

Mind you, I'm not a huge fan of spiders. I am not paralyzed with fear as I used to be, but it's not like we're best friends either.

However, when I saw it outside the door, I had to watch and then video it for next five minutes. I was so enraptured watching it do what nature had intended it to do.

I remember talking to a friend of mine and we were discussing our daily schedules of shuttling kids here and there and we're in martial arts so we're at class quite a bit and Thomas is working crazy hours with the economy ..........

And here was this spider, silently, peacefully, instinctively spinning it's web. True, it probably will be destroyed in a day when a fly or some destructive person comes along. And true, the spider has a precarious life span; each day is spent only to survive.

But still, it did seem to me as I watched it go around and around, that maybe G-d didn't mean for us to have such chaotic lives.

You decide.

2 comments:

Emilee said...

Thank you for the reminder to be less chaotic in my life. I would totally agree that the most simple things are the things that make me smile the most. I think that things are not supposed to be so chaotic, but sometimes we make them that way. It seems like we are all spinning and spinning, but we have no direction - unlike this spider that knows exactly what it is doing. I am glad that you watched this spider. Love and miss you!

Christine said...

Hey Kristi,
Hope all is well. It was fun to see your blog. We talked to Emily the other night, she said you guys all love blogging as well! Thats great! Have a good day.