Friday, March 21, 2008

I spoke toooooo Soon!

Well, I think I spoke too soon. I walk my kids out to the bus this morning, and what do I see falling from the sky? Snow. Snow in the Northwest. Was I really skipping around yesterday, reveling in the sun of the First Day of Spring? I do believe I was.

And Mother Nature slapped me down big time, put me in my place. "Don't you DARE think that Winter has ended!" she shrieked at me. "I'll tell you when Winter is over, NOT the calendar."

And so I listen to her as my sandal-feet schlep through the slushy snow on the driveway. I should have not put all my closed-toe shoes away for the season. Sigh. I will listen a little closer next time.

However, later in the afternoon, the sun begins to peek out and melt the slush and I am at the store and see lovely spring flowers AGAIN. Do I get excited? Do I laugh gleefully, possibly encountering her wrath yet again? (especially because I have an Easter Egg hunt scheduled at my house tomorrow and I would REALLY like it to be kind of nice outside)

I do not. I take a couple of pics with my cell phone for later use (they suck as far as clarity but oh well) and walk on, knowing that March will probably go out like a lion.






1 comment:

Colette said...

At least you have flowers in bloom. The only flower I see blooming here now are the crocus and I only see dead deer. It has been such a hard winter that the deer came way down for food and thus have collided with automobiles, etc. I was in Oregon last week and I've decided I'm truly an Oregonian. It rained almost the entire time I was there and it didn't bother me a bit