Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Very Fast Fishing Trip

We took a very fast trip to Utah. I mean fast. In fact, it was so fast, it seemed as though we were gone for six months. The more you pack into a small amount of time, the longer the trip seems. Must be some time continuum or something.

Any-whoo, Thomas really wanted to take the kids fishing at his old haunt, the Salt River in Afton Wyoming (or Star Valley). I was hesitant at first; after all, Dick Cheney lives there and duck hunting season is on.

Thomas assured me that we wouldn't be hit by hunters so off we went. I got to see my wonderful father on Friday. Did I mention that I love my dad? He is the greatest guy and is doing so well since Mom died. His personality has changed and he is his old, happy, laughing self again. I missed him all those years.

Daddy also loaned us his loaner truck (he was hit by some moron on 7th street) to drive to Afton on Saturday morning. Thanks Daddy!!



This is Bear Lake. The kids have never seen this part of Utah before. It was shining and blue as always. But no sight of the Bear Lake Monster, dang it.


This is a cattle drive through one of the towns. The kids were amazed at this and Felix was laughing, remembering the movie "City Slickers" that we watched on night.


This is in Afton. This arch claims to be the longest arch made out of elk horns. I'm not sure about that but my phone died, so I had no way to Google that claim to find out it's authenticity.
It was interesting however.

Dad, teaching the kids how to tie on their leader and hooks. I love this picture of my kids watching their dad. We don't get much chance to really go places together and this was a great time for us.



And here are our spoils! We caught between the four of us 7 fish. One of those was a cutthroat and the rest browns.
The kids had so much fun and I fell in the river three times. Thomas had a chance to relax for a minute and we had a chance to just walk.
And then we drove back to Utah and flew home the next morning ........ well actually just to make the trip even longer ..... we missed our morning flight because TSA thought Robee had a knife in his pack; it turned out to be a toy car. Grrr. So we didn't make it home until late Monday night.
It was a nice ending to the summer.

No comments: