Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Goodbye 46, Hello 47

My birthday came and went without much fanfare.

Thomas and I set the posts for the new, expanded chicken run for our now, 15 chickens (sad face). After it's done, we are adding two more chicks to our brood to replace our lost Houdini and to give her a friend to grow with as well.

On Sunday, we all went out for a birthday lunch at Red Lobster to celebrate both Greg's (September 22) and my birthday's.

Thomas gave me a lovely watch --- one that I can actually read since my old one's face was getting dim. Or perhaps it's my eyes. Who knows.

And now I'm 47.

Only three more years to 50.

I cannot believe this number that is looming ahead. I really can't. It's almost surreal when you're almost there.

You imagine this day but when you're getting there, you're not really sure where the years went to while getting there.

It really does seem that I was 35 just a couple of years ago. Very odd.

I feel like I'm a 'Twilight Zone' episode where time speeds up even though it's only been a day or so.

Hmmm.....

2 comments:

Dan Chase said...

Hey Kristi,
Thank you for your concern for me and my family. I can't believe life has taken this path. If I knew this would happen when I got married at 23 I would still do it 100 times out of 100. I can't believe you are 47. You haven't changed a bit, in a good way. Happy belated birthday! Your nephew always,

Dan

Kathi and Bob said...

Hi Kristi- It was fun getting together with everyone on Sunday to celebrate the bd's!! Felix and Robee look great and it was good to hear that school is going well for them. Also, remember, you are not getting older...just BETTER! See you on Thurs at 230 at Steve's.