Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oh, Life on a Farm is kinda laid back ....!

So our farm life is thriving.

We have activities on-going everyday. There's feeding, cleaning, watering, and playing. The playing is the best part of course!

And everyone gets in on the act!

This is Abbi and Lili in a stand-off. Poor Abbi. She's actually quite fearful of the goats, for a shepherd. They've become quite defensive since the birth of their babies (and rightfully so) and have taken to butting Abbi every chance they get.

Even three-yr-old Owen helps out with the chores. Here he is after we mucked out the goat stall, spreading new clean straw for the babies. He's learned quickly to wear his boots if he wants to go out to goats. Too much goat poo for him!


Here are the twins, hoping for a ride on the lawnmower. They are obsessed with climbing on things - EVERYTHING. They climb on boxes, on the mower, on the wheelbarrow, on their moms' backs ... on MY back when I'm sitting outside. Crazy little things.


Here is our "herd." Top is Lili then Tootsie then Cadburi, then Dei and then Tiger (the one running).



Here is a new addition to our place: a baby squirrel. He's been coming around for a bit and I was actually able to sit on the stairs and he kept eating the bird food from the feeders. Quite amazing!


Felix holding Tiger. I can tell because Tiger had a crimped left ear from birth.



And the best of all .... being able to actually drive the tractor ALL BY YOURSELF. This is Jeff Brown, who is our Bishop in our church. He had use of a tractor for a day and helped me to fill my garden boxes one day (which, if I had done it with a wheelbarrow, would have taken me WEEKS to complete). Once finished, he hoisted Owen up on the tractor and let him drive it to the front where we washed it off.

This was, bar none, one of Owen's BEST days ever. If you had any idea how much he loved tractors, you would know that he was in his zenith this moment.

I'm still going to continue my post regarding my garden. It's coming along but today, as I write this, it's rainy and cold and I don't feel like talking about my garden. I realize it's Spring but I'm itching for Sun.

Ugh. Please move into warmer weather .... and keep it that way for the next four months.

3 comments:

Kathi and Bob said...

It looks like your busy, but having fun as well. Your baby goats look so cute! We've got our fingers crossed for a nice weekend.

April Hoyt said...

Hey Kristi,
I talked my mom about you guys coming here. This was her reply. She didn't have your email. So just let us know if you would still like this.
April

Hi Kristi,

We would love to have you come up and stay here for a night. We are so full that weekend, but I actually have one half of my home open on Friday but someone comes in on Saturday. So I blocked it for you. I wouldn’t need to charge you anything except for the cleaning fee which is around $40.00 usually. Let me know for sure if you will be coming. It will be great to see you all!

Julie

Christine said...

Looks like life on the farm is always busy and eventful. Do you want another dog? If you read my blog you'll see our tragic dog story!