Sunday, February 3, 2008



Hair do #3


Okay. So I can't decide WHAT to do with my hair. It was a disaster! I asked the stylist to thin it out and she did as I asked but holy cow! I ended up with a mess. So I got it fixed today. And it's much better.




Thomas, Jen, Owen watching Superbowl



All the kids (except for Emilee and her tribe) were here for the Superbowl. Food food and more food was the name of the game. I wasn't as interested in this game due to the fact that the Seahawks weren't playing. I only care when a team I know and like is playing. But it's nice to have everyone here anyway, regardless of the teams. Ang and Steve came by too and we finally were able to celebrate her birthday ... a mere five days late!






Angie - "Am I really that old?"




It looks as though Angie and Steve will be getting married sometime in August, which means I'll two special weddings that month; Angie's and my niece, Heidi's!




I am no longer working for MMSC (my Jewish school) since January 24. After much deliberation, I finally decided that an hour drive to work and trying to prep for 10 classes (five grades, five subjects) was getting to my brain. I was not able to give as much as I wanted to the students and was a complete anger-mom to my kids due to lack of sleep. Not okay.




So I'm going to sub for a bit and then see what comes open to the schools in the spring and summer.





Owen watching the Superbowl, completely relaxed!




Not Tuesdays, however. Tuesdays are reserved for Owen and I to have fun. I get to watch Owen those days so that Jen can work at the office or meet clients; whichever needs to be done. I like having older kids who are independent but it's nice to be around a little one again and experience all the new things that they discover. I miss that with my kids.




Owen and me (he calls me Kiki)






Robee and Felix are moving through school like little soliders (and I don't know if I mean that in a good way) and they do like school. Felix is in band and plays the clarinet and sings in the choir.


Jaycee, Felix, Leah - in the school band (two of Felix's good friends)



Robee is now in the choir as well. Both have received awards for Student of the Month and Felix has been recognized for her reading by acquiring 132 AR (Accelerated Reader) points in one semester; which is very good.





We're all still in Tae Kwon Do and have another tournament next week in Tacoma. I am very grateful to Thomas who talked me into joining. I love the workout and the opportunity to spend three nights a week with he and the kids. And then we always go to Starbucks for hot chocolate (kids) and Green Tea Lattes (for us). We must fund most of their paychecks.

That's it for this post. The game is over, NY won and I'm trying to watch Maria Shriver endorse Barack Obama for President! What a wonderful thing!
It's also time for bed for all the kids and time to clean up. Yum. Leftovers!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I had about given up even checking your blog!! Hooray for when you write (it will be even more exciting for me to read if I ever move away :) )