Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another tournament, another tropy

It's not that I'm complaining mind you; I'm actually quite thrilled that the kids are doing so well in their sport. However, we're starting to accumulate a number of trophies and I don't know where they're going to go after the top of the desk is filled! Jen's bamboo plant is fighting for space as it is. And we have about four more tournaments before World's in June.



Robee getting ready to do his form. He took third in Forms.



I don't know what happened to all my pics from the tournament but everyone is orange. I think it may be because of the color of the mats plus the gym we were in was painted a bright yellow-orange color. I have no idea really.



Felix stretching. She took second in Sparring.



Felix took second in Sparring but zip in Forms (which I still haven't figured out why; I didn't see any missteps but I'm not the judge). Because she is the only one from our school sparring and if she does well in the next two tournaments, she could be State Champion in her division in Sparring.

There are no photos of Thomas or myself at this tournament. None of me because no one knew where the camera was when I was doing my thing and none of Thomas because I was designated score-keeper during his round. So we're non-exsistent for this tournament. However he won second in Forms and first in Sparring --- which is terrific!! This boosts his overall score up and maybe he will be state champion in Sparring for his division.

I got zip in Forms; I was doing great through the whole thing until the last step I muffed it and it threw me completely off. However, I did receive second in Sparring which will also boost me up and I could also be State Champion in Sparring in my division (the really really old ladies of Tae Kwon Do in case you were wondering).

There seems to be a reocurring theme; sparring. We must like to kick and hit. Hmmmmm.

On my next post, I'll try to find my Obama pics. We were able to attend the Obama rally in Seattle. I took a bunch of pics of him speaking but two days later, my phone went on the blitz and I lost everything. I did send some to other family members who didn't get to attend so I may be able to retrieve them. We missed the caucus in Washington because of the tournament, but luckily we had Angie and Jen and stoic little Owen battling the crowds to speak for us.

Ta for now.

No comments: