Friday, November 18, 2011

Stop the World, I want to get Off.

Gah. I am going to take five minutes to do this and then I’m off on another series of “have to do’s today” list.

Seriously, I do NOT think God meant our lives to be this chaotic. I don’t like it and I really do better in calm. I’m like a cat. Of course, if I were really like a cat, I’d be peeing all over in my house in protest of chaos. I just might do it.

The reason for my series of small strokes??

I have two kids (and thanks to birth control, common sense and old age, no more than that) and both kids are involved in school and after school activities. Don’t misunderstand; I love them to my toes, but keeping them busy is crazy. I also have 82 animals but I can sort of throw food at them and move on.

Robee is the drummer for both Keynotes and Jazz bands in school as well as taking drum and guitar lessons. Felix is in piano lessons and was fortunate enough to land an understudy role and extra in the high school murder-mystery “Rehearsal for Murder.”

Rehearsals for band are at 7 am every morning which means we leave at 6:35 each crack o’dawn. Rehearsals for the play were everyday after school until 4 ish, lengthening as the show drew closer to opening. Piano is also after school so we had to re-arrange her piano to 6 pm on Fridays.

We also have TKD on Tuesdays beginning at 5. However, since the surgery, I’ve been on leave until the first of December which is my date of clearance from my doc. Then we have church/scout activities on Wednesday nights. Guitar is Wednesday afternoons. Drums are right after school on Friday. That doesn’t count our yoga classes that are at 7 am on Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday or watching the little kids on Mondays and Thursdays.

Guess, just GUESS how many miles I put on my truck? Guess how many times I have to fill up the tank?? It’s freaking unbelievable. There was one day two weeks ago that I spent from 6:30 am until 5 pm running around. I’ve decided to start wearing a diaper and installing a small kitchen/bedroom in the front seat of my truck. Why bother finding a bathroom? Just do as the babies do.

Okay. So Felix and the show. Here are some pics from her understudy show night. She was quite excited. And she smokes AND drinks coffee in the show. THIS she thought was quite exciting. Yeah. She’s a Rebel.

Felix getting hair done Felix smoking

felix with evan  hair

robee at the show Kristi and Stephanie

That’s me helping out with hair backstage. I only burned the girl once. She got off easy. Robee is just so cute, I had to put in a pic of him too.

And there is so much more to November (as I can see, it’s the 18th and it will be Thanksgiving next week) but I have used up my five minutes with an extra 10 minutes so I have to leave. Next time.

1 comment:

Kathi and Bob said...

My, oh, my you are a busy MOM!!! We went to a local high school production (Pride and Prejudice) last night and we were so impressed with the talent of these kids! The director called the Moms "Drama Mamas", so that is what you are!!! One day you will look back at these times with wonderful memories!