Monday, November 9, 2009

Tae Kwon Do in Canada (O Canada!)

Saturday our first tournament in Canada for the year. Thomas got 2nd in 2nd in Sparring, Robee got 2nd in Sparring, Felix got 3rd in Sparring, and I got 2nd in Sparring and Forms and 1st in Weapons. We had a great time as usual.

We like the tournaments for the chance to hang out with each other without a lot of other stuff going on. It's about the only time Thomas is away from a phone and the office stuff is so far away for a change that he can finally relax a bit.


I have pics of Thomas and Robee but Felix and I were competing at the same time so I wasn't able to take pics of her. AND I've rarely had pics of me since no one takes pics of the mom. Thomas doesn't know how to use the camera, which leaves me taking most the photos.


This is Thomas during his sparring match. Some guy said "You know for a big guy, you certainly move fast." Quite funny yet true. His leg, which cannot do a round kick for anything, can come from the front in a twist kick and smack you in the head --- and I've been the recipient many times of that kick during our practice matches.


No comments: