Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween 2009

Tonight, tho it wasn't Halloween, we dressed up. Sort of a dress rehearsal for the actual day. It was also our church's annual Trunk-R-Treat for the kids. Everyone passes out candy from the trunks of their cars. It's fun and the kids just run crazy from car to car.

This year Felix is an Ice Goddess. She said 'Ice Princess' sounded too young and 'Ice Queen' sounded too old so this is what was decided. Luckily she has a mother that has any sort of make up and colored hair spray one could ask for.

Robee decided to be a cop (much to his father's chagrin) and his was easy. I love his mustache. He looks like something from the 80's.


I am the Queen of Hearts (queen = me who is old) from Alice from the Looking Glass (or Alice in Wonderland). I was going to try to sew a costume from a pattern but Robee, Felix and I LOVE creating our own costumes and this is what I put together with hot glue, felt, a skirt and top from the thrift store. Not to mention that my sewing is shaky at best.



And no Queen of Hearts is finished without the perfect heart lipstick (which was almost impossible to get off - thank GOODNESS for Clinique's Make Up Remover).

And as usual, I was about the only adult there in full blown costume. Just my way.

1 comment:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

Kristi, I will always remember when we went trick or treating and the St. George Mall and you were Glinda. I think any adult who doesn't dress up with their kids is L-A-M-E. Who would pass up the chance to have fun and be crazy.

I love your costume, it turned out perfectly!